Limited Bathroom Space to Maximum Storage

$65

My half bath is small and needed additional storage and towel rack. The wall directly across from the toilet seemed like a perfect spot but would require a simple and narrow solution.
limited bathroom space to maximum storage, Let s Start with a Ladder
Let’s Start with a Ladder
A vintage primitive ladder caught my eye at an estate sale a few months ago and I knew that it would be ideal for a future project. It’s time had arrived and it was about to embark on its journey to becoming a towel rack.
limited bathroom space to maximum storage, Java Gel Stain for Color
Java Gel Stain for Color
I wanted a deeper color for the towel rack so I used an existing can of General Finishes Java Gel Stain came to darken the ladder.
limited bathroom space to maximum storage, 20 Cabinet
$20 Cabinet
This small cabinet was in the clearance section of an outlet store and measured 14” wide x 10” deep x 22” tall. Perfect.
limited bathroom space to maximum storage, More Java Gel Stain
More Java Gel Stain
Painting the wood portion of the cabinet the same color as the ladder tied the two pieces together. The metal top and drawer fronts gave it a modern look and I liked the numerals for contrast.
limited bathroom space to maximum storage, Antique Sewing Cabinet Drawer
Antique Sewing Cabinet Drawer
I wanted the ladder to jut out from the wall and decided to attach this antique sewing cabinet drawer to the bottom rung. It also gave me some additional storage. While attaching I remembered a metal embellishment that I had in my stash and attached it to the front.
limited bathroom space to maximum storage, End Result
End Result
That extra storage is no longer a problem. Because this wall is directly across from and close to the toilet, I decided to place the toilet paper holder there. The sewing cabinet drawer provides the perfect place for toiletries and the cabinet has plenty of drawer storage for guests.

• Pamela Maurer

How did you attach the ladder? It looks great!

• Betty

I hung mine with big (extendable) drapery rod brackets since my ladder had round rungs.

• C Crow

What a great solution to several issues. Love the way you finished and joined all pieces to a cohesive look. May I ask the size of your bathroom? Thank you for sharing your excellent ideas.

• C Crow

A bit more space than I have, but I like your ideas so much I will try to find something similar. Thank you so much!

• Patricia

Is there a picture of the finished project? I'm only seeing unfinished/finished individual pieces.

• Patricia

The last set of pictures were not showing up when I looked this morning, hence my confusion. I love how it looks, very creative solution. I have a small full bath upstairs across from the master. We're planning to build a master bath, but in the meantime I want it to look nice. We have a den upstairs so it does get used by guests in our home. Thanks for the share.

• I have been trying to find something that I could use in my hall bathroom. The bathroom is not that is so small it is just narrow so I had space on the walls but not anywhere else and this will be a perfect addition and I have most of the items you used already. I will post a picture when I complete my project. Thank you for the wonderful idea!!! Wish me luck

• Mary Coakley
    3 hours ago

This is an excellent idea for storage love your bathroom