Asked on Sep 25, 2018

How to clean grease and grime off cabinets?

Robin N.SharonPamela
+15

I have wood cabinets in my kitchen and have tried everything I can think of to clean them. Minwax wood cabinet cleaner, Murphy's Oil soap, Dutch glow, Goo Gone and plain vinegar. Help PLEASE!!!!

• Sally Alter
    Sally Alter

I used TSP on my very old cabinets that were really filthy. It is a great degreaser. You might also try Awesome. I used this on my blinds and they came up like new.

• Marty
    Marty

You can't Beat Totally Awesome. I use it for everything. Go to $99 cent store. You really enjoy using it. Not on Glass or windows. Read up on it first and you will see about it. Have fun. Needs to be dulited comes in a spray bottle or Gallon?

William

TSP, trisodium phosphate or Krud Kutter.

• Terra
    Terra

This is what I use on my kitchen cabinets: https://amzn.to/2OexCv6

• Mary Coakley
    Mary Coakley

You could try Borax and white vinegar

• Landsharkinnc
    Landsharkinnc

KrudCutter for kitchens ...

• Landsharkinnc
    Landsharkinnc

you may well have damaged the finish on the cabinets by the variety of products you have used; take doors down, strip, refinish and reseal ...

• Rosa  Deleon
    Rosa Deleon

Use dawn dishwashing liquid. Works go for me.

• Mac1718663
    Mac1718663

I only use the dawn with the little duck on it, I fine it better than the dawn

with out the little duck. I added Clorox and hot water and cleaned our

porch and rails plus fence out front next to road and out back. Wish

i had knew this years before. Wear rubber gloves.

• K. Rupp
    K. Rupp

I think I used krud Kutter cleaner and degreaser on my cabinets and I was happy with the outcome. I would do a liquid Gold maybe after that.

• Fiddledd224
    Fiddledd224

Windex....applied with a soft t-shirt

• Em
    Em

Awesome, found at the dollar store for ...you guessed it $1.00. Best all purpose degreaser and cleaner I have ever found.

• Pamela
    Pamela

Definitely Kris Kutter de glosser. When I was prepping my cabinets, this is what was recommended, it worked great !!!! I couldn't believe all the stuff it got off, I didn't even think they were that dirty !

I got it from home depot for around $6 , just spray it on and wipe it off with paper towel , lots of them , lol . Good luck !

• Sharon
    Sharon

Are you sure thats grease, it looks to me like wood resin that oozed out from the cut/routed edge or its an over-application of shellac or some top coat. I would get one of those sanding blocks if it is, and carefully sand that edge to remove it. Then seal it

• Robin N.
    Robin N.

409 is great for removing all kinds of gunk