Greek Key Side Table Makeover

$40
1 Weeks

Hello friends! Years ago, I found a table with great lines, but I really did not like the paint finish. So I bought it with the intentions of painting it someday. Fast forward a couple years and I was making over my master bedroom ( here's the BEFORE) for the One Room Challenge. I needed another side table, and this fit the small space between my bed and wall.
greek key side table makeover
I hem'ed and haw'ed over what to do with it color-wise, or how what direction I wanted to take it. And I only wanted to use supplies that I already had. I was going through a Greek Key phase at the time, and that is how landed on the pattern I chose.
greek key side table makeover
I gave it a couple coats of gold metallic latex paint.

Then I used regular black electric tape and scissors to cut out pieces to create the pattern. Haha, do you see my mistake in my tape pattern above? :)
greek key side table makeover
Next I found some white latex wall paint and painted a couple coats over the tape. I just kept painting until I couldn't see the gold.
greek key side table makeover
I peeled off the tape (very carefully!), and stood back to examine my work. That's when I noticed the taping error. Ugh. So I got my white paint out again and fixed it.

greek key side table makeover
Here's what it looked like when it was done! Want to see the table finished in my bedroom? Click on over to the blog post where I show my finished bedroom makeover. I hope you enjoyed my little table makeover, happy DIY'ing!

• Gold metallic paint  (paint brushes)
  • Electrical tape  (white latex paint)
The Striped House