We Added Some More Curb Appeal

Since buying our 1928 Craftsman style house, we have added a new roof, shutters, new front windows, window boxes, and had it painted. We still need to change the front steps and mini-porch but need to save up for that transformation. Meanwhile, I came up with the perfect "band-aid" that cost less than $60.00 and took just a few hours. You can get more details here: http://the2seasons.com/2014/06/22/another-curb-appeal-improvement/
The front steps are concrete and are in poor condition. We want to replace them with some steps that will go better with our house. To make them look better while we save our money, I used paint and tape to make them look as if there is a runner on them.
Before painting, I power-washed them and scraped as much of the old paint off as I could. Then I taped and added black paint.
Once the black paint dried, I taped again and added three coats of gray paint. While it was wet, I sprinkled on some sand to add traction so they won't be slippery in wet weather. Both the black and gray paint were made for concrete.
This is the way our home looks today. Isn't it cute and full of charm? We added the shutters, new front windows, window boxes, and red paint to the doors, but we had the new roof and new paint job done by professionals. I am working on one more paint project now, and then we'll be finished (for a while)!!!

30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
The 2 Seasons

• Meli

this looks very neat and tidy! What kind of paint did you use? I live in a climate with frequent rains and I'd be worried that the steps get slippery with water on the paint, so I guess one has to use a special product?

• Laurie Baines

I have always heard you add the sand to the paint before you paint it on and it will go on evenly.
  • Lucy Stone

I have outdoor carpeting on my steps. Is there any paint treatment I could use. I realize it would spread/run, but just one color would be fun. What poo aint should I use

• Dee

Use an outdoor paint in a bright color to be safe at night! Be sure to coordinate with shutters or door!

• Patricia

I am inspired!! Thank you. You have a beautiful house!!
  • Dee

Great ideas! I can never go wrong with a flower box!!! tfs