Big & Bold Fabric Art

$75

Hello friends! When I was trying to come up with inexpensive art for my house, I wanted some thing really big for my kitchen. I have a tendency to be commitment-phobic with home decor, so this budget friendly project was perfect!
big bold fabric art
After buying some pretty floral fabric in a bold print, and some inexpensive black liner fabric, I headed to the home improvement store for wood. I literally bought the cheapest and light-weight wood I could find.

You can find all of my dimensions and specifics a t my original blog post.
big bold fabric art
I actually used two different staplers. I manual one that used bigger staples, to hold the wood together. And then a smaller electronic stapler to hold the fabric in place.
big bold fabric art
I skimped a little on the black liner, as you can see at the top and bottom of the frame. This is budget friendly after all ;) I wrapped it around the sides, staples and trimmed the excess.
big bold fabric art
Then I did the same with the floral fabric, making sure to pull it tight evenly on all sides.
big bold fabric art
Surprisingly the whole thing is really light weight when I picked it up.
big bold fabric art
All I did to hang it up was use two small finishing nails, and rested the top on the nails from the back. If you'd like to see more photos of what it looks like in my kitchen, feel free to stop on by and read the full post.
The Striped House