DIY Drop Cloth Rugby Stripe Rug

I've been wanting a rugby striped rug for my screen porch for a while. I think rugby stripes scream "summertime"! My inspiration was THIS, but a $399 7.6 ft. x 9.6 ft. outdoor rug is not in my budget! I decided to see if I could make my own DIY version using a canvas drop cloth and Maison Blanche Vintage Furniture Paint in Navy.
I decided to see if I could make my own DIY version using a canvas drop cloth and Maison Blanche Vintage Furniture Paint in Navy.
Just look at that color - gorgeous! Maison Blanche is a vintage furniture paint that requires no prep work - sanding, priming, etc. I love this brand because there are soooo many rich colors to choose from and additional glazes, waxes (including lime wax), varnish, antiquing dust . . . and more! If you're intrigued - check out the Maison Blanche website to see the entire line HERE.
Here are the easy steps I used to create my rugby stripe rug.
I really like the finished rug - that navy against the natural drop cloth is just what I wanted. I still need to apply the Maison Blanche varnish, but couldn't wait to see how it looked on the porch!
The other thing I like about making my own rug - if I decide I want something different, I can just break out the paint and buy another inexpensive drop cloth.

Doreen Cagno

• Indre Koch

Is it washable? I have a 3 season porch that is playroom at one end and sitting room at the other. This would be perfect.