Easy Thanksgiving DIY

$3

I truly love Thanksgiving day. Even the cooking but what I love most is preparing my Thanksgiving table. I love to also do a dessert table and that means even cuter decor. So, I made this Thanksgiving trio out of wood I found at a thrift store and paint. It was fast and easy but most important- CUTE!!!!
easy thanksgiving diy
I found a bag of these wood pieces at the thrift store for $2.99. 6 total.
easy thanksgiving diy
I loved that they already had these backs so they stand up. Perfect base for my project. Then, I got busy painting.
easy thanksgiving diy
The other material I used for these 2 was a paint stick you get when you buy paint. I cut it and used it for the headband and pilgrim hat band. I cut up a faux leather skirt I have for scraps and glued onto stick for the headband. I also used the same leather for the ends of braids.
easy thanksgiving diy
For my female pilgrim all I used was paint.
easy thanksgiving diy
This one is my favorite. I adore those braids. You can paint on full faces but I just loved the simplicity of their eyes.
easy thanksgiving diy
Here they are as a trio. They will liven up my dessert table this Thanksgiving day. You can get a home improvement store to cut wood for you if you cant find any. I was lucky to come across the wood while thrifting. I just love a good upcycle.

• Paint  (craft store)
  • Wood  (home improvement store)
  • Faux leather  (craft store)
The CSI Project