How to utilize these 2 empty cabinets?

+14

It was poorly designed and very small kitchenette. It is inconvenient to utilize them, unless i step on a ladder. Anyone have a suggestion on how to be able to store in it. I am not a 6 footer, lol.

q how to utilize these 2 empty cabinets
  • Oliva Oliva on Nov 14, 2018

Place rarely used items in here, or, using extra long silicone tongs, use them to pull items off this shelf and replace them (cereal boxes, bags of chicolate chips, etc.).

• My kitchen is the same. I am tall, but even I need a step stool. I use as a liquor cabinet and have the child safety (earthquake latches) installed on them so stuff doesn't come flying out.

How about using for lesser used items like roasting pans or dishes and serving pieces?

Another option is to stash your emergency supplies up there, canned goods, flash lights, batteries, first aid kit, some water, etc.

Anything that you do not need often, no matter what it is.

• Pat Pat on Nov 14, 2018

I use my space like that for holiday dishes, bowls or things needed only for Christmas. That way, one time to use ladder to get things out and another to put them back again.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Nov 14, 2018

I only store my holiday or seasonal dishes or canning supplies and tools above mine so I do not have to get up there too often but still have them available for holiday meals and summer canning. If you have any dish or additive you do not use often, that would be the best use of the hard to reach high cabinets.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 14, 2018

Hello Anthony,

Put all your bulky -and don't use very often things in there, or use it as an emergency cupboard for Food stores or things for Christmas etc...... Or maybe a few DIY tools you can keep in a basket or even Medical Cabinet......good luck...

• Julie  McCuiston Julie McCuiston on Nov 14, 2018

This is pretty ingenious....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofNeVsCXcq0

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Nov 14, 2018

Anthony...I have the same thing in my kitchen and have found that it is the best place for items that I do not use very often. I have a few pieces of Christmas china that I bring out each Christmas as well as Christmas glasses.

• Michelle Michelle on Nov 15, 2018

I have tall cabinets I keep a fold away stool next to the stove to pull out when needed

• Catherine Deirdre Rodden Catherine Deirdre Rodden on Nov 15, 2018

This is where I store the extra pitchers, Crock Pot, Mixing Bowls, and BBQ utensils.

• Debbie Debbie on Nov 15, 2018

Take the doors off and use for display

• Wanda Wanda on Nov 16, 2018

The refrigerator is too big for the space. A counter depth frig would make the space easier to access and more floor space in your kitchen.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 10, 2021

Hello there,

I would use it for Medical supplies, or Christmas/Annual items etc. Best wishes.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Apr 23, 2021

Hi! I'm tall, but can't reach my upper cabinets without my little folding step ladder that I keep in my pantry. I keep platters and other rarely used items in the higher cupboards. Think seasonal and special uses!

• Marion Nesbitt Marion Nesbitt on Apr 26, 2021

Your fridge is the problem. Its extra deep. I'm short so just pull over a chair for extra height. For stuff that's far back, I have a step stool that stores behind a door. I use these cupboards for cereal, containers of rice, etc.