Santa Claus Napkin Rings

$13.0

I don’t know about you but I love a pretty table and all of the details. It can make the simplest meal taste good. So when I saw these Santa Claus napkin rings in a catalog I knew I had to make them.

santa claus napkin rings

I bought 3 inch red grosgrain ribbon. That is going to be the body. Cut it 7 inches, that is the finished size.  I started off by making the first one to figure out the easiest way to make them.  Then I cut out three pieces of the materials and completed each step together. It was faster than making each napkin ring one by one. 

santa claus napkin rings

Cut a piece of black velvet ribbon, 7 inches or a bit larger. Find the middle and punch a hole in it. Thread the buckle in the black ribbon.

santa claus napkin rings
Iron the red ribbon in half, both vertical and horizontal to find the middle. Run a bead of glue lengthwise. Carefully place the black ribbon along the glue line. Make sure the buckle is in the middle. Carefully press the red ribbon so the lines are ironed out.

santa claus napkin rings
Cut the fleece larger than the red ribbon. Pin the red ribbon to the fleece and sew along the edge. Trim the fleece along the sides. For the top I trimmed it so the fleece is ½ inch larger on the top and ¾ inches on the bottom.

santa claus napkin rings
I used round Velcro fasteners in each corner. Just wrap the napkin ring around the napkin. The fasteners stick on. So far they are holding. But you can always tack them on for additional security. I think they look awfully cute on my Christmas table, don’t you?

santa claus napkin rings
Shoppe No. 5

• Sjt29229935

Very cute. I do have a question/suggestion. Instead of using the glue (I always cross my fingers with it holding), why couldn't you simply use something like stitch witchery to bond the black band? Some of it holds better than thread. You will be ironing it anyway. I would use a few tack stitches on the "buckle" to hold it in place. Would be fun to make matching silverware holders, or tuck it in with the napkin. Love the creativity and simplicity of it. Good job!

• Shoppe No. 5

Thanks so much. I did consider the stitch witchery but mine is to wide and would have to be cut down to the size of the black ribbon. I wanted to make it a simple as could be. If for some reason the tacky glue doesn't hold I will go back and tack it down. The silverware holders are a good idea.

• Sunny

These napkin rings are adorable! Is it easy to find the buckles? I've never seen them in the craft stores.