Colorful and Modern Holly Garland

$5

I have a great way for you to decorate your mantel or update the look of your Christmas home décor. I made this colorful holly garland and love how it turned out. It's so easy to make and is such a fun alternative to the traditional holly décor you find around Christmas. I had everything at home for this project, but it's such an inexpensive craft and it looks amazing!

colorful and modern holly garland
colorful and modern holly garland

Start by cutting felt into strips that are equal in length and width.

colorful and modern holly garland

Overlap your felt strips and glue together in the middle. I used 4 pieces for each holly berry.

colorful and modern holly garland

Start pulling the ends up and glue together.

colorful and modern holly garland

It should look like this when it's done. I forgot to take a picture of this step, but you will also cut out the leaves with green felt.

colorful and modern holly garland

Decide how long you want your garland and cut your yarn to length. string the berries on the yarn.

colorful and modern holly garland

Spread the berries out and start gluing the leaves in between.

colorful and modern holly garland

I love this garland! You can do the leaves in different colors or stick with the traditional red and green. I love how it looks with the pinks, purples and blues. I also made a couple tassels for the end of the garland, but you can use the berries or leaves if you prefer.

colorful and modern holly garland
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom