Glam Office Makeover - Wasted Corner Space to Functional Glam Office!

$600

I've done a number of home projects in the past but this office makeover "takes the cake" as the project with the tiniest space making the most visual and functional impact!

In our living room, we have a 20 cubby bookcase in the far end of the room. While this bookcase is great for storing a variety of things, I wasn't happy with how dark this mahogany-stained bookcase made our living room appear.

glam office makeover wasted corner space to functional glam office

Here's another view of the bookcase in the corner of our living room. Notice how bare and under-utilized this space looks in our home.

After clearing everything off the bookcase, I had the task of giving it a full cleaning. Once cleaned, I applied a Chalk paint with primer to the bookcase. See end of post for paint used.

The first coat is always so scary. Evidence above. This is typically the point when you go ... "Uh, maybe painting wasn't such a good idea!" Fortunately, the nerves settle after several good coats of paint! :)

Painting the bookcase was the most time consuming task. I wasn't satisfied with the appearance until 3 coats of paint was applied. I then had to add 1 coat of "protective top coat." As you can see from photo below, the results were worth it.

After the bookcase (all 20 cubbies...sigh) were all painted, I assembled my new writing desk. This white desk was perfect for my corner office!

I'm especially happy with how much this new office corner reflects my personal style. Visit link here for more photos plus all the sources (desk, chair, accessories), for this space!

A corner office is not just reserved for corporate office locations anymore!

Love makeovers and home projects? Please visit  LINK HERE to subscribe to Beauteeful Living's newsletter. Hope you've enjoyed this post! - Tee

Tee @ Beauteefulliving