DIY Doily Cones

Create your own beautiful DIY Doily Cones for a party, shower, or wedding!
I had been planning a December wedding up until a few months before Roger and I were engaged. My parents had engrained into my head that I couldn’t get married until I graduated from college… Long story short I graduated from UAB a year after we were married. I think what helped move the date up was that we had the wedding in my parents backyard – which meant my mother finally got the backyard makeover she had wanted. It was a win-win! They could have whatever they wanted as long as in the end I got to marry Roger!
Having a wedding in their backyard opened up a whole lot of possibilities for our wedding. Because we live in the south, and summer outdoor weddings can get ridiculously hot, we had our wedding later in the evening – a little bit before sundown.
This then met we didn’t have to – need to – provide a large meal. So we decided the reception would be a Dessert Extravaganza! This majorly cut down the cost of food. Desserts are easy and we were able to make most if it ourselves and some wonderful friends offered to help as well – I just love the south!
Read more at Domestically Blissful...

21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Giustina

• Valerie
    Valerie

The doily cones are great - but I loved the story about your wedding day! And what a wonderful splash of color, from the wedding cake to all the eats! The garden also looked fabulous!

• Patricia ruffino
    Patricia ruffino

LOVE this idea for so many reasons!