Old Window to New Laundry Room Sign

$50

I love making over old windows, there are so many uses for them. They work awesome as photo frames, as dry erase boards, they make great rustic home decor and they are perfect for inspirational quotes and sayings. I have always wanted one as a laundry sign so follow to see how I did mine.

old window to new laundry room sign

In my stash of old vintage windows I found this jumbo one. It was DIRTY, grimy and yes there was mouse tracks too. First step.. CLEAN WELL.

Lots of hosing, soap and scrubbing to get it totally clean.

old window to new laundry room sign

The back side was sanded then sealed to be sure no lead paint would leach if years of paint had any. The front was sanded and layers of milk paint applied to recreate years of painted frame goodness. Once the layers were all added it was once again sanded then sealed with clear wax and then dark waxes.

old window to new laundry room sign

I ordered the vinyl lettering from a lady who sells them and carefully applied it. There is a real technique to applying these cricut decals. (See my videos in the blog link attached to help)

old window to new laundry room sign

Once all steps were complete I added a french cleat wall hanging system to it. This is the best way to hang heavy windows with out fear of them falling. And it is ready to hang in my laundry room.

Creative Moments

• Cherie

Great idea! It would make me smile everytime I walk into the room.

• Joanie

This is nice for a Laundry room.......I like it......"Help Yourself".....I just have 1 problem.....I LET no one use my laundry machines. Each time, I have, they have broke down. Hands off in my Laundry room. I'd have to change the words on it.....