Rustic Candle Holders

$15

A hotel spa in Nashville wanted some sets of log candle holders in 3 different heights. We took the project on, and are very happy with the finished result. This is what we did!!

First, find some dry logs that have the diameter that you’re looking for.

Get a straight draw and some coffee and debark the logs until your hearts content😜 I may have had some whiskey coffee for this part.

Get as much of the bark off as you possibly can, to save on sanding time.

The next step is to sand down the logs until your desired smoothness and then apply a coat of poly. This way you seal them while keeping the beautiful natural look. We then grouped them into sets of 3 and joined them together with some rope. They look great!

Some of the candle holders we kept the tops flat and a few we used a forstner bit to recess some t-lite candles. You can make the space the right size for the candles you'd like to use. Both ways looked great! Enjoy!

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Perfectly Round Tables
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home

To see more: //www.instagram.com/sawdustandwhiskey

• Latagn

Did I miss something? Did you describe how you put the holes for the candles in them or did I miss it? I love them and would totally make as gifts!

• Nelda Freeman Putek

You said you left some of the candles flat. Does that mean you didn't put a hole in the top for the candle? What would thatlook like when placed whith the othet candles,?

• Lisa West

I'm going to do this. I have been wanting to for some time. And since we are getting a snow storm this weekend with heavy winds. Tree fall will be much. Thank you for sharing. Just gorgeous.

• Jane

I have learned from a DIY/HGTV TV show that leaving the bark on long term will invite bugs to live under the bark. (That is why the surviving log cabins are still around; the bark was stripped from the logs. If you wanted to keep the bark, maybe you could seal the whole log with poly urethane.