Valentine Gnomes

$30

Let's make some cute Nordic-Scandinavian Inspired Gnomes! I'm serious, these are so cute, and are a huge trend right now.

Valentine’s gnomes are perfect for anywhere in your home, to gift them to someone you love or to give to your sweetheart ❤️

valentine gnomes

These are the materials I used to make the gnome!

valentine gnomes

I also used these to embellish the hat!

valentine gnomes

First step is to fill a white cotton sock with beans, then tie it at the end and set aside.

valentine gnomes

For the little hat, I used an adult size hat and cut it in half.

valentine gnomes

Then turn the hat inside out (the tag should be on the outside) and glue (hot glue!!) it along the edge of the cut.

valentine gnomes

Once the glue is dry flip it inside out again , there's your hat!

valentine gnomes

I picked up these cute bells, and cut the bell off the ribbon and glued it to the end of the hat.

valentine gnomes

About an 1 1/2" up from the bell, tie a piece of string around and knot it. (making sure the knots on bottom)

valentine gnomes

Next step is to make the gnome beard! I purchased a piece of fur and cut it into a triangle (more like a baseball home plate). Make sure the fur grain is going down! Then once it's cut, glue the top edge to the bottom of the hat. (It will look like a hat growing a beard!)

valentine gnomes

run the glue on the long edge

valentine gnomes

glue to the white sock.

valentine gnomes

Then, pull the hat to the top of the fur edge and glue the wood ball in the center- as the nose!

valentine gnomes

See? A cute gnome! I embellished them by taking my key tag I used my punch to cut a circle to glue on the word love that I punched out. I tied the key on that and used a safety pin to attach to hat!

valentine gnomes

Here is the set I made. Because the hat allows you to make two and the socks are a pair so why waste- use all your materials!

valentine gnomes

I used mine on my island they look good anywhere! Happy Valentines!