Easy DIY Solar Mason Jar Light

$2.00

Make your own solar mason jar lights. All you need is mason jars, solar garden stakes and a hot glue gun.
mason jar solar light diy, crafts, lighting, mason jars, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
This is an easy DIY project that can be done in less than 30 minutes (depending on how many solar lights you will be making). Since we don’t have electricity on the porch yet I decided to whip up some soft lighting for the evening hours and decided solar was the only way to go.
What you will need: Small mouth mason jars, solar garden lights, and a hot glue gun. I purchased the solar garden stakes at Menards, but they sell them every where (the dollar store, Wally world, any home improvement store, or hardware). They normally run around $2 each. All I did was remove the stem (the part that pokes into the ground) and run a bead of hot glue around the rim of the jar. Next place the solar cap on top and let the glue set up.
It couldn’t be easier, and if you ever tire of them just remove the solar portion, run the jars through the dishwasher and reuse them how ever you choose. They make a great addition to our front porch and helps light the path. Don’t forget to save the stems you can always use the for there intended purpose in your garden if you decided to do so

Dawn @ Creative Cain Cabin

• Cherissa White

I just made 10 of these to line my front walkway. I got everything from the dollar store, so they were a bit cheesier looking than yours turned out, but I still love them! I just covered up the seam with a bit of jute twine and they look fabulous! Great idea!!!

• Sarah O.

Great ideas for the broken lights in my yard. I tried it and love it. I filled the jar about half way with rocks, then placed the solar light inside. You can also use spaghetti sauce jar, peanut butter jar. etc., Thanks for this great ideas!