From Jumbo Sized Easter Egg to Adorable Geometric Planter

$10

love sticker resist projects, especially when they help me find a way to use up all those plastic Easter eggs I have lying around. Not only is this sticker resist technique crazy easy, there are tons of options. No really, you are only limited by paint colors and sticker shapes and most times I cut my own stickers. So go grab that jumbo sized plastic egg the Easter bunny brought and let’s do this.

from jumbo sized easter egg to adorable geometric planter

SUPPLIES

• Jumbo sized plastic Easter egg
  • Cotton laundry line
  • Foam sheets (sticky)
  • Scissors
  • Neon pink spray paint
  • Glue
  • Hanging basket fixture

STEP 1

Using glue (hot glue, Tacky Glue, Gorilla Glue) wind your laundry line around half of your egg.

STEP 2

Use scissors to cut sticky back sheets of foam into triangle shapes. Apply in a random pattern to your rope wrapped egg.

Step 3

Take your egg outside and spray that sucker down. You can use plain old spray paint or something like Color Shot that is just for fabric. Allow to dry completely.

Step 4

Once the paint is dry remove and discard your foam. Step 5

My egg already had holes in the sides where the two halves came together. I bought hanging baskets from Home Depot and “stole” the hardware from them. I attached the chain to the hanging basket. Stop by the blog for more fun craft ideas https://jenniferperkins.com/

Jennifer Perkins

• Joanna

I love the idea of making a jumbo egg into a hanging basket. The only question, where would I get/purchase a JUMBO EASTER EGG?

• Pua

I happened upon them at a local pharmacy around Easter. Now I know what to do with them after Easter. TY