Heather Olinde
Heather Olinde
  • Saint Francisville, LA

DIY Woodbead Window Garland

$20

I’m here to share something really cool that I did over my windows that added so much charm. It’s a DIY window garland that I’ve been wanting to do for what seems like forevvverrrr. And I finally did it!

I’ve had this window garland project in mind for over a year and I’m really not sure what took me so long to do it. I originally mentioned it when I put up my drop cloth curtains. Actually, I do know what

diy woodbead window garland

I purchased 3 strands of  wood bead garland to cover 3 windows. Each window is 35″ and each strand of garland is 72″ long. I cut each one in half to make a total of 6 strands. If you’d like to make your own wood bead garland, I have a tutorial  HERE.

Mallary at The Feathered Farmhouse had such a great price on her wood bead garland that I decided that was a much better option for me.

diy woodbead window garland
diy woodbead window garland

After cutting them, I tied a hoop on each end of the 6 strands.

diy woodbead window garland

Next, I placed 4 command hooks at the top of each of the 3 windows that I planned to hang the beads from. Take the measurement of the inside of your window and divide that by 3 to know how far apart to space your command hooks.

diy woodbead window garland

I hung 2 strands of the garland in each window.

diy woodbead window garland

I absolutely love the statement it added to my windows and I can’t believe I waited this long to get this done.

diy woodbead window garland

What do you think? Is this something you would do in your house? I’d love to hear your thoughts below.

Heather Olinde

• Angie

I wonder how well the loops stay in the command hooks, because they are not really curved upward. Do the beads fall off easily?

• Debra

So cute. Do u know where else yo get the wood garlan at??

• Celia Richards

You can use just about any beads here right? I like bling the ones that love shimmer in the sunlight. This is awesome

• Kelly licht

I would enjoy the deer head ( if it’s a deer lol ) pattern and directions please !! Great job on your projects !!

• Llc

O-M-G Heather!!!! I am ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with this whole idea. Something like this would fit in perfectly with my house and décor. I can't wait to get started on it!!!! Thanks bunches for such a GREAT IDEA!!!!! HUGS