DIY Woodbead Window Garland

$20

I’m here to share something really cool that I did over my windows that added so much charm. It’s a DIY window garland that I’ve been wanting to do for what seems like forevvverrrr. And I finally did it!

I’ve had this window garland project in mind for over a year and I’m really not sure what took me so long to do it. I originally mentioned it when I put up my drop cloth curtains. Actually, I do know what took me so long. I wasn’t looking forward to making the wood bead garland. But then I found some for a great price that was already made and that’s what finally gave me the motivation to get this project done!

I purchased 3 strands of  wood bead garland to cover 3 windows. Each window is 35″ and each strand of garland is 72″ long. I cut each one in half to make a total of 6 strands. If you’d like to make your own wood bead garland, I have a tutorial  HERE.

Mallary at The Feathered Farmhouse had such a great price on her wood bead garland that I decided that was a much better option for me.

After cutting them, I tied a hoop on each end of the 6 strands.

Next, I placed 4 command hooks at the top of each of the 3 windows that I planned to hang the beads from. Take the measurement of the inside of your window and divide that by 3 to know how far apart to space your command hooks.

I hung 2 strands of the garland in each window.

I absolutely love the statement it added to my windows and I can’t believe I waited this long to get this done.

What do you think? Is this something you would do in your house? I’d love to hear your thoughts below.

Heather Olinde

• Celia Richards

You can use just about any beads here right? I like bling the ones that love shimmer in the sunlight. This is awesome

• Lyn

I would think whatever you like and it compliments your design style.

• Sandra

This would also be a good idea for hanging Christmas lights.

• Patty

What an elegant idea. I would like to do something like this, too.

Thank You, Heather!

• Francina Martinez

That's a neat idea; it would be cooler around Christmas time hanging a garland. Thanks for the idea

• Susan Townsend

I’m going to do some shopping around and see what prices I can get. This is a wonderful idea ! Thanks for sharing.