DIY Woodbead Window Garland

$20

I’m here to share something really cool that I did over my windows that added so much charm. It’s a DIY window garland that I’ve been wanting to do for what seems like forevvverrrr. And I finally did it!

I’ve had this window garland project in mind for over a year and I’m really not sure what took me so long to do it. I originally mentioned it when I put up my drop cloth curtains. Actually, I do know what took me so long. I wasn’t looking forward to making the wood bead garland. But then I found some for a great price that was already made and that’s what finally gave me the motivation to get this project done!

I purchased 3 strands of  wood bead garland to cover 3 windows. Each window is 35″ and each strand of garland is 72″ long. I cut each one in half to make a total of 6 strands. If you’d like to make your own wood bead garland, I have a tutorial  HERE.

Mallary at The Feathered Farmhouse had such a great price on her wood bead garland that I decided that was a much better option for me.

After cutting them, I tied a hoop on each end of the 6 strands.

Next, I placed 4 command hooks at the top of each of the 3 windows that I planned to hang the beads from. Take the measurement of the inside of your window and divide that by 3 to know how far apart to space your command hooks.

I hung 2 strands of the garland in each window.

I absolutely love the statement it added to my windows and I can’t believe I waited this long to get this done.

What do you think? Is this something you would do in your house? I’d love to hear your thoughts below.

23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Heather Olinde

• Sandra
    Sandra

This would also be a good idea for hanging Christmas lights.

• Rena LaRose
      Rena LaRose

I'm trying this and I already have the hooks from hanging Christmas lights.

• Patty
    Patty

What an elegant idea. I would like to do something like this, too.

Thank You, Heather!

• Joanie
    Joanie

I like the table and that ole' crock. The wooden beads are a cute idea, but with the light bulbs comin' on, just a thought, I wonder how they would look draped from the center and tied back like curtains and the ends flowing??? Hummm.