Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

My Bread Pan Tin Caddy

$20

Okay, you're gonna love this project. I put together my own version of a tin tiered tray, something that you'd probably see at Hobby Lobby or Pottery Barn. I used some dollar store trays- both round or rectangle work!

You'll need 4 pans and you can find them at the Dollar tree.

You'll also need a 2x2 piece of wood cut into 2 7" pieces

You'll also need one dowel screw

And a finial that at I picked up at Lowe's!

First drill holes in the center of all 4 pans, then drill pilots in the center of the wood poles. Then, attach the tins to the poles, with the trays face upward. The last pan flip upside down as your base. Then add the dowel screw to the top of the wood and add the next pan, and finally the finial.

Then choose a spray paint, I used Rust-oleum Hammered Antique Pewter, and spray the whole tray!

This one will be used in my bathroom! You can really use them for anything.

I made 2 of them, and the whole project cost me only $20! Hope you like it, and give it a try.

• Nora Mae

And what if you make some softened lace to line them with...or very old looking laminated news papers or song book sheets ...cool idea can even use some ones favorite colors or color them the seasonal colors such a Red White and Blue.. Autum colors Black and Orange Reds Greens White With Christmas lights... St Paddys day. Easter Valentines Birthday themed... Grapes wine Cheese Crackers...oh yea in to it themed my self...

• Crystal

How do the pans stay in place? I’ve read this several times and I still don’t know how to secure the pans and to make sure they are strong enough

• Shelly L Nemeth

The finial has a screw in it, use your piloted hole screw that on holding top pan next use your wood dowel screw (pictured) in post and last two as stated in post flip one upside down for base and screw them into also your wood dowel with a regular 3” screw. Hope this is more clear

• Vickie Dispensa

length of wood post??