How to Make a Table Runner Centerpiece

$125

Have you seen these lovely floral centerpieces all the way down the center of a table, filling the the table with beautiful blooms. I decided I really wanted to create that same kind of look for a table I was going to be styling

how to make a table runner centerpiece

The day I styled this table, I started off early at the New York flower markets. It is such a joy to get to stroll through the flower district and pick up such beautiful flowers! I wasn’t looking for specific kinds of flowers, I was just looking for the colors I needed to coordinate with the china I would be using.  Go to your local flower markets, florist or wherever you get your fresh flowers.

how to make a table runner centerpiece

Select the flowers that you want to coordinate with the table you will be styling.

how to make a table runner centerpiece

Find containers to hold wet floral foam on your table. Make sure that they are waterproof so you don't have any accidents that will damage your table or linens. I prefer clear containers that 'disappear' on the table top. These are actually drawer organizers.

how to make a table runner centerpiece

Select enough containers to run the length of the table from one end to the other.

how to make a table runner centerpiece

Soak wet floral foam until it is completely soaked and cut pieces to fit inside the containers.

how to make a table runner centerpiece

Divide the flowers equally among the number of containers you have to fill. Arrange the flowers into the first container and move the next container up next to the first one. By building the arrangements like that, one after another, you will be able to make sure that each of the arrangements will abut up to the next one. 

how to make a table runner centerpiece

You can see how the arrangement fills the entire length of the table. I added picks of butterflies to mimic those flitting across the china. 

how to make a table runner centerpiece
how to make a table runner centerpiece

A table runner centerpiece can be made any length and any kinds of flowers or foliage. This was the first one of these I have made, but it will not be the last. Don’t be afraid of trying one of these for a special event, dinner or party for yourself!  

Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Kathy

Wow, that is beautiful and I love the color scheme. But I'm curious ... how much did you spend on the flowers?