How to Make a Table Runner Centerpiece

$125

Have you seen these lovely floral centerpieces all the way down the center of a table, filling the the table with beautiful blooms. I decided I really wanted to create that same kind of look for a table I was going to be styling. You can see more of my crafts and creations here.

The day I styled this table, I started off early at the New York flower markets. It is such a joy to get to stroll through the flower district and pick up such beautiful flowers! I wasn’t looking for specific kinds of flowers, I was just looking for the colors I needed to coordinate with the china I would be using. Go to your local flower markets, florist or wherever you get your fresh flowers.

Select the flowers that you want to coordinate with the table you will be styling.

Find containers to hold wet floral foam on your table. Make sure that they are waterproof so you don't have any accidents that will damage your table or linens. I prefer clear containers that 'disappear' on the table top. These are actually drawer organizers.

Select enough containers to run the length of the table from one end to the other.

Soak wet floral foam until it is completely soaked and cut pieces to fit inside the containers.

Divide the flowers equally among the number of containers you have to fill. Arrange the flowers into the first container and move the next container up next to the first one. By building the arrangements like that, one after another, you will be able to make sure that each of the arrangements will abut up to the next one. 

You can see how the arrangement fills the entire length of the table. I added picks of butterflies to mimic those flitting across the china. 

A table runner centerpiece can be made any length and any kinds of flowers or foliage. This was the first one of these I have made, but it will not be the last. Don’t be afraid of trying one of these for a special event, dinner or party for yourself!  I would love to have you stop by my blog,   Celebrate & Decorate for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

Chloe Crabtree

• Diane

Hi, Where did you purchase your table runner ? Thanks :)

• Rachel Myrick

These are gorgeous runners and I would love to see your creative process or have an opportunity to see the runners to see how you finished the edges and stenciled them! The container idea is so awesome!! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!!!

• Lori Neilson

Turned out beautiful.

• Stefani

Where did you get the beautiful butterfly china?

• Chloe Crabtree

The china is Butterfly Parade by Christian Lacroix. It can be found at high end retailers.

• Mary Beth

Beautiful work! Anyone else saying to themself, “why didn’t I think of that”? It would be fun to see one made out of fresh veggies and fruit🥕🥕🌽🥒🌶🥬🍏🍎🍐🍊🍋🍌🍇🍓🍒🍑🥭🍍🥝🍅🍆🥦

• E95656

Just beautiful!