Abbie M
Abbie M
  • Hometalk Team
  • Brooklyn, NY

Totally Transform Your Bathroom Vanity!

$60
1 Day

Have an old bathroom vanity that needs a refresh? Watch this!

Check out the video for more how-to's!

totally transform your bathroom vanity

Before this vanity was dark, heavy& outdated...

totally transform your bathroom vanity
totally transform your bathroom vanity

Start by removing your mirror if possible and taping off the cabinet with painter's tape.

Before this vanity was dark and heavy - now it's light and brights so much brightness to the space!

totally transform your bathroom vanity

Next, empty out the cabinet and sand it. Then, wipe it off with a soft cloth. You can also remove the doors.

totally transform your bathroom vanity

I decided I wanted to keep the insides of the doors wooden so I taped those off.

totally transform your bathroom vanity

Then, I added a drop-cloth to protect my floor and began painting! I used chalk paint but you could prime and use another kind of paint if desired. Make sure to get into all of the grooves of the cabinet.

totally transform your bathroom vanity

Next, I removed my knobs and painted the doors. After the paint had dried I peeled off the tape.

totally transform your bathroom vanity

Next, tape off the mirror. After that sand it. Then, wipe off the dust with a soft cloth.

totally transform your bathroom vanity

After that, paint with chalk paint - add another coat if necessary and let it dry. You could also use primer and another kind of paint if you don't want to use chalk paint.

When it's dry peel off the tape.

totally transform your bathroom vanity

After that, I added my mirror, cleaned it and added new knobs.

totally transform your bathroom vanity
totally transform your bathroom vanity
totally transform your bathroom vanity
totally transform your bathroom vanity

Just a few coats of paint breathed a breath of new life on this vanity!

Now the bathroom is so much brighter!

• Becky

I think it looks nice but have 2 questions. Were you going to paint the stool in the shower to match it and why did you paint the hinges to the vanity?

• Becky McCracken

I like the hinges painted. They would stand out too much if not. I think the bench in her shower may be made of teak therefore you wouldn’t want to paint it. Not sure if any kind of paint but oil base would stand up to that much water.

• Susan

Could only see first few pictures-

• Becky McCracken

Looks great. I actually have the same sink and from Home Depot or Lowe’s. Glad you painted the hinges☺️