Totally Transform Your Bathroom Vanity!

$60
1 Day

Have an old bathroom vanity that needs a refresh? Watch this!

Check out the video for more how-to's!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Before this vanity was dark, heavy& outdated...

Start by removing your mirror if possible and taping off the cabinet with painter's tape.

Before this vanity was dark and heavy - now it's light and brights so much brightness to the space!

Next, empty out the cabinet and sand it. Then, wipe it off with a soft cloth. You can also remove the doors.

I decided I wanted to keep the insides of the doors wooden so I taped those off.

Then, I added a drop-cloth to protect my floor and began painting! I used chalk paint but you could prime and use another kind of paint if desired. Make sure to get into all of the grooves of the cabinet.

Next, I removed my knobs and painted the doors. After the paint had dried I peeled off the tape.

Next, tape off the mirror. After that sand it. Then, wipe off the dust with a soft cloth.

After that, paint with chalk paint - add another coat if necessary and let it dry. You could also use primer and another kind of paint if you don't want to use chalk paint.

When it's dry peel off the tape.

After that, I added my mirror, cleaned it and added new knobs.

Just a few coats of paint breathed a breath of new life on this vanity!

Now the bathroom is so much brighter!

• Becky

I think it looks nice but have 2 questions. Were you going to paint the stool in the shower to match it and why did you paint the hinges to the vanity?

• Jean Quintana

Painting the hinges the same color as the piece makes them disappear. The Property Brothers told me that.