Pot Holders, But Not the Kind for the Kitchen

$23

Driving home from work, oh about five or six years ago (lol), I spied some patio chairs along side the road. They looked pretty good from afar so I threw them in the back of my car.

When I got home and could take a closer look I could see why they were by the side of the road. The plastic cane-like seats were shot. That's what made them so attractive. That and their dark green paint.

So fast forward to today. I had to round up the chairs because one went to the metal heap and one was a make shift temporary chair. I toyed with the idea of painting them and decided to hold off that thought. I had some rim inserts that fit nicely inside the chair frame so I popped them in.

They were perfect to hold the two pots I picked up at Lowe's as I did not want to jump up in price to a bigger pot.

Here's a better look at the chairs. They now kind of look like portable potty chairs. But, not for long...

I filled the pots full of 99 cents pony packs! Dusty Miller, stock and begonia.

Can't wait for the pots to "fill in".

Leaning my welcome sign--please take a "visual" seat.

• Lazy gardener

Where did you get the rim inserts? I have some similar chairs and this would be a great way to use them. Thanks

• Lovesunique

We have a "junk yard" so to speak and they were on the metal pile. I think if you tried to buy them from an auto parts/tire store they would be pretty expensive.

• Miriam

I did the chair flower holder thing, it causes alot of attention.

• Jamie Boyce

Those fit right in with the walkway theme. Very cool. I did something similar with a metal folding chair and a square pot that fit the opening (no rim needed). I wish I could find road-kill chairs like yours!

• Lovesunique

Thanks! I think you have added to my vocabulary: Road kill chairs!!!!