How to Install a Farmhouse Drop in Sink.

$900
1 Day

**I was given products for this project, but the post and opinion are my own.**

When we moved in, we needed a new sink, but were not ready to replace the countertops. We loved the style of the farmhouse sink, but most were under mount, until we found the Josephine sink from Sinkology. S

Kitchen sink before.

I turned off the water to the faucet and turned the electric off to the garbage disposal. I disconnected the garbage disposal following the manufacturer's instructions. I scored the caulk around the sink, disconnected the plumbing, and lifted the sink out.

After the sink was removed I cleaned off the old caulk. Using the BILTapp per the manufacturer's instructions, I measured the existing hole and made the necessary cuts to allow for the new sink.

Once the cuts were made, the sink was dry fit to ensure that it fit the new space. Silicone was added to around the lip of the sink and the new sink dropped back into place.

A new faucet was installed, plumbing and garbage disposal reattached. A bead of caulk ran around the sink and counter. This drop in sink is the perfect answer for someone who loves the look of the farmhouse sink, but under mount is not an option.

CribbsStyle

• Lyn

Did the cabinet doors not fit under the new sink? I love it all BTW!!!! Great job!!!

• Jackie Nesbit

Could you not trim down the doors top & bottom to make them fit ??

• Carol

Looks good. Are you able to put doors back on the cupboard? I see a cloth hanging there.

• 1cs1267

I noticed toward the front of the countertop, there seems to be notched areas you cut out on both sides of the front where the apron would actually be … is that why? Does the template for the cut out include those notched areas?

• Kyle Klaver

Hey love the article - you give some great tips for installing a top mount farmhouse sink. I know a ton of people are probably wondering what the difference would be between installing an undermount sink. Well, you would set the sink first then place the countertop overtop. When choosing your cabinet size, you'll want to pick a cabinet size that's 3 inches bigger leaving an inch and a half on both sides. The most popular farmhouse sinks right now are Fireclay. They are tricky to install because every sink is unique and comes with a slight variance to the size. But the biggest concern is weight. You will need extra support. Usually from 2x4's. We've included more info on fireclay and how to install here https://www.annieandoak.com/collections/fireclay-farmhouse-sinks

One last thing about overmount installation. Be sure you choose a sink with a thicker wall.

Thanks again for your guide.

Cheers,

Kyle

• Laurie Laurent-Hyland

Love, love, love your kitchen! You are so talented!