Repurposed Wood Lath Runner

$0

Have you ever thrown away the old lath from a remodeling project? You may regret it when you see this unique way to repurpose wood lath. Create a rustic centerpiece foundation with this how-to. Great way to save the unique character of old wood lath. Or make one of these with new lath and give it your own style!

Old wood lath sticks from our bathroom demo day!

Cut lath into lengths for a rustic table runner. We cut 16-14" lengths and 2-24" lengths. Sand each piece with an electric sander until smooth.

Use wood glue and small nails to attach lath sticks to 2 longer sections in a railroad-type pattern.

Brush a coat or 2 of water-based poly to seal. Once dry, you're done!

Style and accessorize your new, repurposed wood lath table runner! It's the perfect, rustic foundation for any centerpiece, and a great way to appreciate old wood that would otherwise have gotten thrown away!

You could also make it with new lath and give it your own style. If you'd like a free printable tutorial, check out the full blog post: https://lorabloomquist.com/repurposed-wood-lath-runner/

See the repurposed wood lath runner decorating my Easter table: https://lorabloomquist.com/a-vintage-botanical-easter/

Lora Bloomquist

• Sandra

I may just have to try this project.

• Karena Stetson

OMG! I thought I was the only lath investor. I’ve never known or heard of anyone else using that. I’ve demoed my entire house (1890-1900ish in age) and saved every piece I could. I’ve done many projects, my latest being a herringbone wall in my stairwell. I also backed the rises to my stairs. I love that wood.