Repurposed Drawer Chalkboard Memo Organizer

After dismantling an old desk for another project, I had the single middle drawer left over. Nothing goes to waste around here. After a few modifications, I had the perfect family organizer, perfect for the back to school rush.
chalkboard paint memo board drawer repurpose, chalkboard paint, crafts, repurposing upcycling
Everything a busy family needs including a cork board for those papers that need signing, a tray for extra change or phones, hooks for the keys that are always misplaced. Front and center, the star of the show is the chalkboard for quick notes.
Here she is in original state, sad and lonely.
The best modification of this drawer was the desk drawer tray. I removed it, and replaced it on the (original) back of the drawer, so when the drawer is hung, the tray now is able to hold random objects.
I did a couple of quick coats of chalkboard paint on the entire drawer, making the sides noteworthy too.
I secured a small cork board from the dollar store with some Gorilla Glue.
useful, practical, and NOT in the landfill. :)
For the full tutorial and if you're curious what I did with the desk, click over to the blog.
Gail--My Repurposed Life

• Carol

Really a fun idea! I love it. Just might have to try it for my sewing/craft room. Wish I would have known about something like this when my kids were young! Thank you for sharing.

• I had notes all over the fridge.... I wish I had the chalkboards I have now back then. It sure would have made things much easier. :)

• Linda Abate

Great idea in a mud room or a child's playroom. Love the way you split it up with the cork board and chalk board.