Mason Jar Faux Flower Arrangement

$20

I made these faux flower arrangements last year and love how easy they were to make. These flowers are sure to brighten any room and the best part is... they never die! The trick to making these flowers look fresh is the water!

Start by arranging your flowers. I grabbed the flowers and Quick Water from my local craft store.

I decided to make 3 arrangements for this project.

Quick water comes with two bottles that need to be poured into a container in equal parts.

Slowly stir the mixture together for 3-5 minutes. You want to make sure you don't see any swirls in the mixture and it's completely clear.

For this part, I used a bowl and spatula that I could throw away after.

Slowly pour the mixture into your vase or jar.

Add your flowers and use something to hold them in place if necessary. I used some wood food skewers that I had around and they worked great.

You want to leave these in a place they won't be disturbed for approximately 8 hours.

They are so pretty when they are done! The water really makes these flowers look fresh and it's such an easy way to add color to your space.

These would also make a great Mother's Day gift and would also be perfect for any kind of party/celebration!

Be sure to check out my site for more fun and colorful crafts... there's something for everyone!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Cheri Tanner

What is quick water? Never heard of it. Does it harden? Do you have to replace it often? Inquiring minds would like to know!

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Hi Cheri - Quick Water creates the illusion of real water. After the mixture is made and sits for a while, it hardens to hold your flowers in place. You don't have to replace it ever, which is the best part!

• Lynda Schuman

Isn't who I water the same thing as resin? I used to use the same thing on my marbled plaster pieces.

• Purplenine

holly what an amazing new idea you have given to me. what can i safely add to this "water" to color it?

• Marian Goetsch Martinez

I never heard of quick water either,but it sure looks great with those fake flowers!

• Liz

Holly, so beautiful, and I'm glad that you like artificial flowers. I love them and they are so realistic! We gave our daughter-in-law an arrangement of silk flowers in an antique china vase and she threw it out! Said she hates silk flowers. No more gifts for her! .

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Hi Liz - my jaw dropped when I read that! Even if she doesn't like silk flowers, she could've given them to someone else!  That's such a rude thing to do! I love that you can reuse the flowers over and over and there are definitely more realistic flowers out there than what I used.