Agnes Chrzanowska
Agnes Chrzanowska
  • Stamford, CT

Beehive -diy

$10

I’ve had this Beehive project on my to-do list for quite some time and I finally got around to doing it! It is really easy and fun to do!

beehive diy

Here's the finished project, check out the steps below to make one for yourself!!

beehive diy

Manila rope was what I used for the hive. I also used a mixing bowl as the mold to get the right shape. Start by wrapping the rope around the mixing bowl.

beehive diy

Using hot glue, glue periodically as you go to secure the shape in place. Keep wrapping your way up and one you hit the middle. start tapering your hive to create more of an egg (or hive!) shape.

beehive diy

The next step was cutting a Beehive door. It was a task on its own, and a little tricky. With the help of the utility knife (needs to have a fresh blade) I started veryyyy gently to cut through my rope rows.

beehive diy

I added little bees and some flowers as a deco to really add some pop to my beehive. Ta-daa and it is done!

How do you like it? It is easy right ?

Check out our other Home Decor DIY projects here . https://justthatperfectpiece.com/stylish-home-decor-ideas-in-5-minutes/

Agnes Chrzanowska

• Peggy

I don’t have a question I just wanted to tell you I think this is really cute

• Bev

I love them! Are these just decorative, or are they meant to be bird houses... they would make absolutely adorable bird houses!?

• Agnes Chrzanowska

Originally they were meant to be for the outside ( I have 2 now) bit for now they are decorating my patio but you never know maybe some bird will find a house there 🙂