Malan Heyns
Malan Heyns
  • South Africa

Concrete Bathroom Vanity

$140
Advanced

Here's how I made my own concrete vanity top for my bathroom. This is a very stylish yet rugged look for a bathroom vanity. It looks super nice and modern! Check out how I got the look.

concrete bathroom vanity

First, make yourself a mold.

concrete bathroom vanity

I used a large salad bowl as the basin, and 40mm PVC pipes as the trap and faucet. Before pouring in the concrete, make sure to spray the whole mold.

concrete bathroom vanity

Then it's time to pour the concrete! Pour it into the mold, but make sure to vibrate the concrete real well in order to get rid of air bubbles in the concrete. You don't want any spaces in the concrete.

concrete bathroom vanity

Let the concrete fully dry in the mold. Take the mold out after 48 hours, and clean the edges to avoid breaking the corners.

concrete bathroom vanity

It looks amazing!! I used it along with this beautiful wood vanity. My bathroom looks so good.

concrete bathroom vanity

And you can use any type of varnish on the wood, all will look great with the concrete!

concrete bathroom vanity

I love the modern look, simple and beautiful. Hope you like it as well.

• Joyce

How do you seal it?

• Joe Jones

Were you aware that WD-40 is the best nonstick spray you can use? It’s so perfect because it won’t dry under there and it’s water resistant to a point and the concrete slides right off every time. Also the small holes can be filled by mixing a cup of concrete or mortar and making it the consistency of mud and smoothing it over it and into the holes. You can also fill your mold half full and lay rebar the length of your mold every 6-8” in the concrete and pour the other half on top of the rebar and it will give your concrete super strength. Especially if you want a double vanity or kitchen counter like mine. Hope this helps someone

• Malan Heyns

thanks for the comment, I did put in rebar, I just forgot to mention it!😳

• Holly

Well done!! That’s amazing! I wonder if a stainless steel bowl could be used?

• Malan Heyns

It will definitely work! My plastic salad bowl end up breaking afterwards, so yes stainless will be better