Concrete Bathroom Vanity Makeover

$140
Advanced

Here's how I made my own concrete vanity top for my bathroom. This is a very stylish yet rugged look for a bathroom vanity. It looks super nice and modern! Check out how I got the look.

Tools and Materials

• wood
  • a bowl
  • concrete
  • wood base for the vanity

Create a Mold

Create a Mold

First, make yourself a mold.

Concrete Counter Mold

I used a large salad bowl as the basin, and 40mm PVC pipes as the trap and faucet. Before pouring in the concrete, make sure to spray the whole mold.

Pour the Concrete

Pour the Concrete

Then it's time to pour the concrete! Pour it into the mold, but make sure to vibrate the concrete real well in order to get rid of air bubbles in the concrete. You don't want any spaces in the concrete.

Let Dry

Let Dry

Let the concrete fully dry in the mold. Take the mold out after 48 hours, and clean the edges to avoid breaking the corners.

Install

Install

It looks amazing!! I used it along with this beautiful wood vanity. My bathroom looks so good.

DIY Concrete Bathroom Vanity

And you can use any type of varnish on the wood, all will look great with the concrete!

DIY Concrete Bathroom Sink

I love the modern look, simple and beautiful. Hope you like it as well.

• Holly

Well done!! That’s amazing! I wonder if a stainless steel bowl could be used?

• Malan Heyns

It will definitely work! My plastic salad bowl end up breaking afterwards, so yes stainless will be better

• Barb C

I feel foolish but I'm not understanding how to create the bowl part without the whole counter top being as thick/deep as the bowl. Did you pour a first layer to thickness for counter top let it dry then fill the rest of the mold up around the bowl?

• HandyGirl

When you look at the two-mold set-up, there is one mold on the bottom that is significantly wider. Presumably the bowl is placed strategically into the larger mold. Then the deep mold is positioned so that it aligns on two edges with the wider mold and allows for the depth of the sink. That may be the reason for the wood flange in the vanity:to hide the underneath projection of the sink.

• Marshal144

With what do you seal/polish the concrete ??

Love the project !!

• Margaret

Wow awesome job! Wish I had one myself!

• Joanie

Another WOW!! This is a money saving trick.....not that I would try it at my age, but you youngin's are purty darin'....Love it....keep up the good work!! With pride, Joanie