Heather Cammack
Heather Cammack
  • Colfax, WA

Repurposed Headboard Bench | Farmhouse Style

$30

Don't toss your old headboard or pass up that broken bed at the thrift store. You can easily make yourself a super cool and unique bench with a wooden headboard and foot board. Check out this quick tutorial, and find out how I transformed a $5.00 headboard and foot board pair into a beautiful farmhouse style bench.

Check out the video for full details!

need a bench make one out of a headboard

I snagged this headboard and foot board pair at my favorite thrift store for $5.00. It was actually headed to the dump because it came with broken side boards.

If you can find a bed with sideboards, you can re-purpose them to make your bench supports. Since my headboard didn't come with the rails/sideboards, I used some 2x4's instead.

I used a gray chalk paint, gel stain, and poly acrylic to finish the headboard bench. Not only did I gel stain the 2x6 bench boards, but I used the gel stain over the chalk paint as a glaze. This paint on, wipe off technique helps give the headboard bench details more dimension.

I sealed the whole bench and seat with poly acrylic. Then it was ready to live it's life as a bench. I think this unique piece would make a great statement on a front porch or in the entryway.

Heather Cammack