Repurposed Headboard Bench | Farmhouse Style

$30

Don't toss your old headboard or pass up that broken bed at the thrift store. You can easily make yourself a super cool and unique bench with a wooden headboard and foot board. Check out this quick tutorial, and find out how I transformed a $5.00 headboard and foot board pair into a beautiful farmhouse style bench.

Check out the video for full details!

I snagged this headboard and foot board pair at my favorite thrift store for $5.00. It was actually headed to the dump because it came with broken side boards.

If you can find a bed with sideboards, you can re-purpose them to make your bench supports. Since my headboard didn't come with the rails/sideboards, I used some 2x4's instead.

I used a gray chalk paint, gel stain, and poly acrylic to finish the headboard bench. Not only did I gel stain the 2x6 bench boards, but I used the gel stain over the chalk paint as a glaze. This paint on, wipe off technique helps give the headboard bench details more dimension.

I sealed the whole bench and seat with poly acrylic. Then it was ready to live it's life as a bench. I think this unique piece would make a great statement on a front porch or in the entryway.

Heather Cammack

• Jaswan

How do you attach the footboard to the sides

• Trudy

Look right above the Ask a Question blue box, there is a GO button to her blog post for more info.

• Monique

Gorgeous until you stained the seat.part brown....why?

• Lisa

I love the stained seat... it really warms up the gray paint!

• Leslie

Can you please give details about how you attached the footboard to the headboard, forming the sides of the bench?? You skipped that part. (I don't suppose you have photos...)

• Carol Cole

You did a wonderful job, I love it.

• Jain

No question. just this is the best thing I have ever seen on this sight. It looks fantastic