Tiered Craft Tool Organizer

$20

I am always looking for ways to organize my craft supplies. I wanted something that looked nice that could hold the tools I use most often. So I used two old spring form pans from a thrift store, an old lamp that no longer worked and a lazy susan to create a spinning tiered craft tool organizer.

First I removed the electrical parts from the lamp, then I cleaned the spring form pans so they would be paint ready.

I gave the pans 2 coats of white spray paint and the lamp got painted apple green. One of my favorite colors.

These are the lamp parts after being painted. The lazy susan got mounted to the bottom of the lamp base so the entire thing could spin around.

After all of the paint was dry I was ready to add some vinyl designs to the sides of the pans.

I love to use my StyleTechCraft vinyl. I used a teal color and created some craft designs. I purchased the sewing machine design then used their idea to create a paint and a scissors to add to it. I needed it to go all the way around the pans.

I also created a text design that reads: These tools were made for makin' This went on the bottom pan.

Then I was ready to stack it into a tiered organizer. This took two people. I held it together while Jeff added the parts and a final drawer knob at the top to hold it together.

There are more detailed instructions on the blog.

After it was all put together I added mason jars and some dollar store toothbrush holders plus two magnetic hooks to hold all of my tools.

This was a fun project and I am glad I did it because it sits on my craft table and I use it almost daily. I love it.

If you like this post you will most likely enjoy more posts from my blog. You can join my email/newsletter and receive instant access to my resource library that includes printables, cut files and more all for free!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Michelle James

• Grandma Roses

Did you have to drill a hole in the cake pans in order to assemble it?

• Carol Z

Wow! Never saw that coming! It is fantastically clever! How ever did you think of this?? Great repurposing. I'm always amazed. Thank you for sharing! 😀

• Roy W Holston Jr

I don't see the drawer pull in your pictures. How was it attached?

• Michelle James

Hi Roy. I wanted it to be threaded it to the tube but the tube wasnt quite long enough to allow it to hold and be used to lift the entire thing. So I basically glued it on and it is decorative. I hope that answers your question.

• Lovesunique

Nice! I like apple green too (and turquoise!).

• Maude LaFountain

This is just what I have been waiting for!!! someone to make a hold all spinning caddy out of spring form pans and a lazy susan.....I just couldn't wrap my brain around how to put it all together to make it work .....I have everything I need to make this except for the lamp part but I thin I will just get some cheap little legs from Home Depot or Lowes to mount to it ....I know I have some scrap wood here to make a base with ...Thanks for posting I am saving this one for sure ....I really need this in my Craft / Sewing room ......Oh and I also have a Vinyl Cutting machine so yeah I have it all but the middle section !!! Going to go find my middle piece now !!! Have a wonderful day ...I will post a picture when I get mine done !!! Hopefully real soon !!!