Updated Deck Table

$15

I was getting rid of this very simple (and not put together well) table that I made to go next to our BBQ. A friend saw it and wanted it to go on her deck to hold towels, sunscreen and other things summer.

So to begin with, we added better support and squared it up. (Remember I said it wasn’t put together well at all when I did it for myself.)😜

We turned it upside down and began painting the frame out.

After two coats of paint the base was ready.

Then we took old fence boards, measured and cut them for the top and two shelves. We sanded, then painted the fence boards with an exterior clear sealer and let them dry.

This is the sealer we used.

Then, we layed out the boards to see how it looked before securing everything together. See the slats showing from underneath the fence boards on the top? Well, that didn’t look good. So we took the base over to my husbands workshop, turned it over and ran it through the table saw and cut off the slats to be even with the horizontal board. We needed to cut off the slats so we could attach a board to cover up those ugly slats!

This is the screws we used. We used various sizes to fit the particular pieces we were screwing together.

We turned the entire table over so you wouldn’t see any screws when it was turned upright. We predrilled then began with the top. The top had about an inch overhang on the ends.

We attached shoscrews

We layed out the shelves on the supports and marked where we needed to predrilled.

Took it out side and thought we were done. Nope, see that raw wood showing from behind, Not ok! So we painted it out. Oh, the white also got sealed with the same exterior clear coat.

And done! I really like the natural wood look. Hope you do too!

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration

• Kimberly Evans
    Kimberly Evans

What are the dimensions of this stand? This would be really nice in my kitchen to give me more storage

• Jody Harris
      Jody Harris

It is roughly 12” x 36”. You can make this to your own dimensions really. If you made it the height of your counter that would be even better!

• Sarah Evartt
    Sarah Evartt

Nice job, love the look of the stained wood with white paint.. Awesome job looks great!!!

• Tanya Marks
    Tanya Marks

Very nice!! I do have to admit that I liked the original top, with the planks going the other way, with rustic reclaimed wood. Very inspiring!!