How to Make Hanging Wall Planters

$10

Welcome Spring! To be honest, it still looks like winter from my window, but I’m dreaming of green lawns and spring flowers. Whenever I stop in at the dollar store for my DIY tools, I always stroll through a few extra aisles just to see if there’s anything new, and when I came across some hanging house shelves and had to buy them. I had no idea what I was going to use them for, but I knew I’d come up with something! These hanging wall planters were the perfect solution.

Find more great DIY Home Decor and Renovation ideas on our blog, Love Create Celebrate!

Materials:

Terra Cotta Pots (3 5/8″ diameter) 

3 Nesting Houses

Fusion Mineral Paint

Jigsaw

Drill

Sand paper

Find a full list of materials and a VIDEO TUTORIAL on the blog now!

Here are the steps to make your own:

1. Find the center at the bottom of the nesting houses and traced a circle with the terra cotta pot.

2. Clamp your house in a work bench or somewhere secure to get ready to use the jigsaw. Drill a hole inside the circle you just drew, large enough for your jigsaw blade to fit through - that's where the jigsaw will start. Using the jigsaw, cut around the inside of your circle.

3. When the circle is cut out, sand the edges for a nice smooth finish.

4. Paint your terra cotta posts and your houses. I chose to use black and white paint because of love the contrast of monochrome pieces, but you can paint yours any colour you want!

5. When the houses and pots are dry. Put some beautiful plants inside and you're good to go!

Love having this creative piece on our wall! Such a beautiful way to display some greenery!

15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Love Create Celebrate