Brittany Malia
Brittany Malia
  • Chesapeake, VA

DIY Entryway Hairpin Table

$80

I have this wall in my dining room with a collage on it and I totally felt like it needed a little something more to it. I was thinking of a bench or just a small piece of furniture and that's when this idea came along...

diy entryway hairpin table
diy entryway hairpin table

For the supplies you will need any type of wood you prefer, I used a countertop piece I got at a hardware store near by. 28" Hairpin legs, which I got from Amazon (these also came with the screws which helped). Screwdriver, sand paper, and a wood stain to your liking. I used two different colors for my stain. They will be listed below.

diy entryway hairpin table

I highly recommend laying something under your work or if you have a craft table that's even better 😊

Sand out all the uneven parts and make it nice and smooth

diy entryway hairpin table

Once your done sanding it's time to start staining.

For my first coat I used golden oak (got it from Walmart) stain the whole piece and wipe off the stain as you go.

diy entryway hairpin table
diy entryway hairpin table

Once I finished my first coat I did the second with a barnwood brown (purchased this at Micheals)

I personally love this color with the oak because it gives that natural brown look with strands of gold in it.

diy entryway hairpin table

On the left that's with the barnwood brown on the right it's just golden oak. Totally to your liking, it's going in your house lol

diy entryway hairpin table

Once it's all dry you can attach the legs. 😊 First place all 4 legs where you want them and Mark where you are going to drill your holes

diy entryway hairpin table

Take the legs off and start drilling your holes

diy entryway hairpin table

Once your done drilling all the holes you can finally screw the legs on.

diy entryway hairpin table

And your all done 🖤 it's a quick an easy way to give your home a little entry piece.

• Jennifer

How long are the legs? The link says 16 inches but that seems kinda short. I was thinking more like 28.