Former Golf Clubs Welcome You Home

$15

We had a old garbage can that some of my husbands retired golf clubs ended up in. Our neighbor was graduating from high school and is an avid golfer. I wanted his gift to be personal and was racking my brain on what to get him as a graduation gift? As I was walking by the can holding the clubs, the lightbulb went off! I knew what to do with those old clubs!

Various kinds of clubs in really bad shape!

I found an old pine board in our stash. I sanded it, then painted the board this off white color.

My husband helped me cut the clubs down to the length I wanted. Then, he showed me how to clean them using a bench top grinder, using a buffing attachment. It was scary at first because it goes so fast. But, eventually I got the hang of it. Having the heavy duty leather gloves (I used welding gloves) was a must too. And Oh yes, I wore eye protection.

Shiny and newish looking!

Here all 5 pieces are cleaned, shiny and ready to go.

Another view!

Next, I laid the clubs out so that they looked even on the board. I drilled a hole the exact size of the shaft so it would fit snug. I then put Gorilla Glue in the holes to secure them and let them dry overnight. You will see in the last pictures how I turned the putter sideways. It just looked better that way.

I asked his parents if he had a certain saying he liked and they told me this one. I cut out vinyl using my Cricut machine and attached it to the board. To make it more “golfy”, (if that’s a word) I used golf ball shapes to replace the “i” and dot in the exclamation point.

Here is the completed project. I used a water based sealer on the board and attached a chain on the back to hang it up.

And hopefully he can use it in his apartment or house when he moves on!

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall

• Mary Kay

So you did the golf coat rack for your neighbor’s kid??!! WOW! He is either a GREAT kid or you are a FABULOUS neighbor! Bet both are true! Nice job!

• Jody Harris

Yes, he is and this way he won’t forget the neighborhood! (Hopefully!)