Upcycled Fun Halloween Bottle Lights

$5

I love illuminated decorations for Halloween. I recently made a fun upcycled light up Jack-O-Lantern (see it here) for the front door. I decided to add some illuminated Halloween decorations for the inside of my home too, with these upcycled Halloween bottles.

First was the fun bit finding an assortment of shaped cleared bottles.

I say fun, as this was an excuse to finish off some gin, just because I wanted to use the bottle in this craft.

Soak the bottles in hot soapy water to remove the lables. Some may need a bit of a scrub to remove the sticky residue.

Next I got together a collection of paper Halloween shapes (die cuts). You should be able to find these in your local craft or dollar/pound store. You can get them on eBay too. Also simple Halloween stickers would work or even cut your own.

Then using a repositional adhesive stick the shapes to the bottles. Choose whatever design you want. Just remember the lights will shine through where the shapes are.

Next spray paint the bottle. I used both black and orange spray paints.

Once the paint has dried, carefully remove the Halloween shapes one by one.

Now what makes this craft is these cork string lights. They are very affordable and available from Amazon, eBay and dollar/pound stores. Link for the lights and more photos on the blog.

Pop one cork light in the top of each bottle and simply switch them on.

I love the effect of the lights showing through the bottles. I still have some cork lights left so I'm busy finishing off some more drinks for the perfect bottles.

This is a fun craft to do with kids too.

There is a fun collection of printable vintage Halloween cards here. Perhaps you could cut some shapes out of these cards and use them.

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Renz

Why does the bottle look foggy ?

• Claire at Pillarboxblue

I don’t know that is just what it looks like when the light shines through. It’s probably because it’s string lights so the bits of the bottle closer to the bulbs will shine brighter than the others further away.

• Renz

I love this. I want my kids to try it. Does the paint brand matter .?

• Claire at Pillarboxblue

I shouldn't think so. Just try it and see. Some work better on glass than others check what it says on the tin.

• Mary Jane

What features do you need for a good string of cork lights? I checked out Amazon and the choices are numerous, and I don't know which would work best. Thank you.

• Claire at Pillarboxblue

I think they are all pretty much the same except theire are usb chargeable ones which are more expensive.