DIY Easy Color Blocked Felt Pumpkins

$5

I'm so excited to show you my adorable color blocked felt pumpkins! These are fun, colorful and are a great way to brighten up your space. The best thing about these pumpkins is they work for both Halloween and Thanksgiving!

I used three colors of felt for each pumpkin. Make sure your pieces are the same size.

using my sewing machine, I sewed the ends of the felt pieces together. You can do this part by hand if you prefer.

I used an embroidery needle and floss to stitch all the way around the bottom of the felt.

After the entire bottom is stitched, you can pull the floss and it creates the circle bottom. Tie the floss in a double knot.

Turn the pumpkin right-side out.

I used a bag of rice to weigh down my pumpkin, but you can use a bag of sand, rocks or anything else you have on hand.

Fill the rest of your pumpkin with polyester fiberfill.

Close the top of your pumpkin the same way you closed the bottom.

Tie embroidery floss around the pumpkin to create the ribs.

Roll a piece of felt and glue the end with your got glue gun to create a stem. Glue the stem to the pumpkin.

Cut leaves out in matching colors and glue to the pumpkin.

I made one pumpkin "inside-out" for a different look and think this one is just as adorable.

It's really hard to stop making these because they are so easy and so cute... plus I have so many color combinations I want to try!

I love how these look with my Halloween décor, but can't wait to use them for Thanksgiving also.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom