How to Make a Thrifty Basket Gallery Wall

$10

If there is one thing I love the most about DIY home decor it is creating thrifty basket gallery walls. I started by browsing a few of my favorite local thrift shops to bring together all the pieces for this project. I brought them home and laid them out on the floor just to take inventory.

I started with the largest basket in the center and worked my way out, working to create balance along the way.

Once I had a decent idea of what I wanted the arrangement to look like I grabbed my hardware. A basic picture hanging kit from Lowe's will do the trick.

Then I began to bring the vision I had laid out on the floor to the wall in my dining room. For this step, and because I don't have the patience, I simply did this by visual. There was non measuring during this process. For me, this was okay. I wanted the wall to look eclectic, like I had gathered these treasures over time.

It is important to note, that when looking for baskets, you may not necessarily find "baskets" that you like, but instead, shapes, sizes, and textures. Fill your wall with things that grab your attention!

As you can see, the end result varies slightly from my original layout. Be flexible, don't be afraid of changing a detail up here and there! I have found that sometimes your vision on the floor can appear totally different on a different plane!

If you liked this project then you will definitely love how thrifty these DIY WOOD BLOCK ORNAMENT S were to make!

Roost and Restore

• Carol Harris

I love it, I've always loved baskets,

• Emmawilliams1

Love it also...could kick myself....gave so many of these little baskets and one large flat one away to good will last year..Lol.....that is me.....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!