Double Chair Bench

Not every project ends up the way we think it will. Sometimes failure makes us think a little harder and get a little more creative.
double chair bench, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
This is not really what I had imagined when I took two orphan chairs apart to make a bench. But in the end, I do love how it turned out.
these are the 2 chairs I started with. I picked them up at a local thrift store. I love buying old broken down stuff... cause it's cheap!
after dismantling the chairs I get busy designing what I think is going to be a fabulous bench.
after doing the dry fit, I got busy making the entire bench--upon adding the back (repurposed headboard) I noticed I made some miscalculations and the bench was slightly too long.
after using some new 1x's for the back, it's looking better, but I'm really not loving the color. After adding some turquoise as a wash over the black, I got the end result you see above. It sold very quickly, and went to a new forever home.
For more details on how it all came together, check out my blog post http://www.myrepurposedlife.com/2012/03/2-chairs-plus-1-benchfailure.html
Gail--My Repurposed Life

• Dou5256259

What were you able to sell it for and how did you calculate the price?