6 Ways To Make Hanging Holiday Lights Easier

$5
1 Day

I am all about making things simpler if I can during the holidays. Hanging lights can be a task and I have found a few ways that have helped me to make it easier.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Add a Command Hook to either side of your mantel on top.

Hook your lights into place.

This will help hold your lights into place so they don't fall off and take all your decorations with them.

Use green hook and loop fastener (Velcro) to attach your garland and lights to your railings.

It makes hanging your garland and lights fast and easy.

Screw in hooks above your door, and to the exterior of your home.

Don't want to screw hooks into your home? No problem, Command Hooks work great here too.

Hang your garland and lights onto the hooks.

Hot glue your lights to your bricks on your home.

When the holiday season is done, simply peel them off.

Use clothes pins to attach the lights to your fence.

You can also loop the lights around the fence posts.

Alternative... Command Hooks are another option to add hooks to your fence with ease.

Protect your cords by cutting holes in plastic containers.

Slide your cords inside, connect, and put the lid on.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Cindy Timms

My question is how do you keep water from getting into the plastic containers where you had cut the holes on the sides for your cords ? I do think you have great ideas ! Thanks for sharing !

• Cindy Timms
      22 minutes ago

Thank You so much, I will try that gorilla tape. Merry Christmas and happy New year !

• Janice

Does this container idea 💡 work for solar fairy 🧚‍♂️ lights??? 🤔

• Barb

and what are you plugging in if they're solar?

• Grace

I have a question, I bought a tree with glitter ☹️ So sorry I did, glitter everywhere. Is there anything I can do to stop glitter from falling? Desperate.

• Millies_mom47
      21 hours ago

Actually I have found that Hairspray does wonders to hold glitter in place. So go with that, but you need to take it out to the garage and have the window open for fresh air and to help it dry. But you need to do it in a well ventilated place and spray it really well. I'd do it once then let it dry and do it again. Just remember not to have a fire near the tree after.