How To Make Coasters From Tiles

$30

Here’s a fun and easy project that anyone can make. These decoupage tile coasters make perfect gifts for the holiday for your family or friends. I used clip art in a blue Mediterranean design which I printed in a 4 by 4 size to fit perfectly on the tile. Here is a step by step tutorial.

Step 1:

Measure the paper with the design onto the back of your tile and cut the paper with a paper cutter for straighter edges.

Step 2:

With a brush spread Modpodge glue on the back of the paper and place on tile smoothing all the bubbles using a paper towel.

Step 3:

Spray a sealer 12 inches away from the tile and let dry for 20 minutes before you spray again. Do this 4 times and let cure for 24 hours before you use them.

Step 4:

Add a cork backing to protect your furniture and counter tops. You can purchase 4 by 4 corks backing on amazon or any hobby store. I used liquid nail on the back of the cork. It really stuck well.

Now your coaster are ready for use. You can make 4 and stack them up and tie with ribbon for gift. You don't need to wrap them up just put them in a small bag with tissue paper.

25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Simple Nature Decor

• Dawn Taylor
    Dawn Taylor

Can you use an ink jet printer or does it have to be laser jet?

• Greg N Terri Hensley
    Greg N Terri Hensley

I will be trying this project very soon. Wondering on Napkins. Do you have to take the back layer off or did u just use all of it (I mean with the part you wanted)?

• Robin
    Robin

Does the top of the coaster absorb liquid like condensation from a glass