Nautical Style Candle Holder or Succulent Vase

$5

This is an easy dollar store craft. I decorated a clear vase with sisal rope and wood pieces using hot glue. It's perfect as either a succulent vase, a candle holder, or a seashell display.
The project is super easy and the natural look is very stylish.
The supplies for the project are rope and a vase from the Dollar Tree and decorative wood filler from Dollar General.
The first step in the project is to adhere the sisal rope to the vase. I used hot glue and started at the bottom of the vase with the sisal rope.
I have a tip for working with hot glue. I use a Popsicle stick or tweezers when pressing two hot glued surfaces together. Saves the fingertips.
I ran several layers of rope up the vase then I glued the decorative wood pieces around the vase.
Once the glue was dry I added a candle also from the Dollar Tree to the vase.
I also tried the nautical style vase as a display for seashells.
For the succulent display I used rock filler and faux succulents from the Dollar Tree.

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Kathy Owen | Petticoat Junktion

• Christy Roppel
    Christy Roppel

LOVE this! I do have a question: would the heat from a candle melt the glue?

Thanks!

• Em
    Em

Very cute. I will have to add one to my seashell bathroom.

• Gloria
    Gloria

Love the project and will probably try it with my collection of glassware from the Habitat Restore. Just a tip about working with hot glue. Dampen a paper towel and use it to press down the rope. It does not stick to the glue but saves your fingers!