Vanity Frame Turned Message Board

$20

Recently, I shared a vanity which I converted into bedside tables. The mirror was missing which left me with an empty frame. I love to repurpose and came up with a great way to use this vanity frame.

Wooden braces supported the mirror so they had to be removed.

Next, it was time to clean the surface. I used Dixie Belle White Lightning and rinsed with water. I then gave the piece a light sanding with 220 grit sandpaper. I filled in deep scratches with wood filler and sanded to make them smooth.

After priming with 2 coats for Zinseer Bin Primer, I painted the frame using the same color (Dixie Belle Paint in Sea Glass) I used on the bedside tables and matching chest of drawers. I sealed the paint with Dixie Belle Clear Wax.

I attached to 2 large D ring hooks to the back.

I purchased a piece of cork/foam board from Hobby Lobby to attach in the center . I measured and then cut it to fit using an Exacto knife. I attached the board with Epoxy glue.

I ordered these beautiful hooks from TJ Maxx. They were a great buy. They came in a set of 4 for $7.99. I attached them to each side of the frame.

This was the perfect way to finish this bedroom set.

Here are pics of the rest of the set in case you missed it.

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/leapoffaith090117/