Vanity Frame Turned Message Board

$20

Recently, I shared a vanity which I converted into bedside tables. The mirror was missing which left me with an empty frame. I love to repurpose and came up with a great way to use this vanity frame.

Wooden braces supported the mirror so they had to be removed.

Next, it was time to clean the surface. I used Dixie Belle White Lightning and rinsed with water. I then gave the piece a light sanding with 220 grit sandpaper. I filled in deep scratches with wood filler and sanded to make them smooth.

After priming with 2 coats for Zinseer Bin Primer, I painted the frame using the same color (Dixie Belle Paint in Sea Glass) I used on the bedside tables and matching chest of drawers. I sealed the paint with Dixie Belle Clear Wax.

I attached to 2 large D ring hooks to the back.

I purchased a piece of cork/foam board from Hobby Lobby to attach in the center . I measured and then cut it to fit using an Exacto knife. I attached the board with Epoxy glue.

I ordered these beautiful hooks from TJ Maxx. They were a great buy. They came in a set of 4 for $7.99. I attached them to each side of the frame.

This was the perfect way to finish this bedroom set.

Here are pics of the rest of the set in case you missed it.

10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/leapoffaith090117/

• Linda Abate

A great way to repurpose this old vanity mirror. A great item for a mud room, entry way or even the kitchen. LOVE IT.

Great idea for the mirror frame. Looks amazing. The whole set is gorgeous. I love the mix of wood and paint.