Easy Hanging Kitchen Towel Hack

$5

The dish towels in my kitchen are always falling on the floor. It’s so annoying! I tried a simple and inexpensive hack to keep my kitchen towels hanging and off the floor. This hack is not only useful, it’s pretty, too!

I only needed some simple dish towels and pot holders (with their own loops) for my project.

I started out by folding the dish towel in thirds so it was about the same width as the pot holder. I then folded both the dish towel and pot holder in half (from top to bottom) to form a slight crease. This helped me to find the center of both. I pinned the centers of the pot holder and dish towel together, right sides together. (The pattern that I want to show on my dish towels faced up, while I put the good sides of the pot holders facing down.)

I used my sewing machine to stitch across the width of each pot holder. (To secure a towel to a pot holder.) If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can easily hand stitch this part.

I picked out a button from my craft stash. I hand sewed the button to the pot holder (on the “right” or good side), on the half of the pot holder that doesn’t have the loop. You might want a large needle and or thimble for this step. It can be difficult to poke the needle through the quilted layers of the pot holder. I pricked myself once or twice. Ouch!

I then buttoned my new hanging dish towel over the handle of my kitchen’s oven. Ta da! My towels won’t end up on the floor anymore!

Stop by my blog ( Mom Home Guide) to see more of this tutorial!

If you liked this project, check out how I painted my oak kitchen cabinets.

I’ve recently tried a new way of making hanging kitchen towels, if you’d like to take a look! (You can find my other DIY hanging kitchen towels in my Hometalk profile.)

Lauren of Mom Home Guide

• Betty A Baunoch

How do you deal with the towel when you open your oven door? It will for sure hit the floor, at least on my oven door. I like the idea, but maybe hanging some other place, like a towel rack or hook?

• CarolinaGirl68

I’ve never had that happen. You can also hang them around the refrigerator handle, but they might get caught in the door. You can also put up a hook to hang them on, if the oven door doesn’t work.

• Toni

Hello,

I’m trying to make a crepe paper yucca plant. I have everything done except for the leaves and the color I should use to mimic the branches. I’ve ordered brown and red paint to mix for the branches. 1st Question: am I right on the color? 2nd question: I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find how to make the leaves? Please help! Thank You,

• Arlene

Great idea!

• Mary Kay Phelps Schrock

What a great idea. Love it!

• Margie Hood

I Have been making these too for friends and family for a couple of yrs now...my mother n law showed me how to do it..I have them for every holiday and occasion..lol..I love them ,they are easy and a perfect DIY gift