DIY Spring Tulip Wreath

$25

Nothing says spring like tulips, and this gorgeous DIY tulip wreath will definitely brighten and spring-ify your entryway.

Supplies
  • Tulip bunches- $2 each from Michaels (6-8 bunches total, I used 7)= $14
  • Grapevine Wreath, 18″- $5
  • Floral Wire- $3 (this will last you for forever!!)
  • Jute Ribbon- $3 (optional)

Total Cost- $25

Step 1: Trim Tulips

Step 1Using wire cutters, cut the tulips into individual stems leaving about 2 inches of stem exposed beneath the greenery. You can either leave on or slide off the greenery. I really like the look so decided to leave the greenery and place but I did push it up to the base of the flower before cutting the stem with my wire cutters.

Wrap with floral wire

Once all the tulips are trimmed, begin to lay them out on your grapevine wreath form. With previous wreaths I had attempted to hot glue the flowers to the wreath form. Unfortunately, my front door, which is behind a storm door, tends to get crazy hot in the summer. When that happens the glue melts and the flower start to fall off. So floral wire or even ribbon is a better choice here to keep things intact.

Working in groups of one or two flower stems at a time, wrap the wire around the stems to secure it to the wreath form. Continue this process all the way around the wreath taking care to wrap the wire underneath the greenery.

Add a Bow...or not!

At this point, you can either call it good once the wreath is covered in flowers, you can add a ribbon, or you can fix a hanger on the back from floral wire. Totally up to you!! I flipped and flopped on this for a while but decided to add some jute ribbon for hanging and made a quick and easy double bow from this  tutorial. I’m not typically a bow person but this one is growing on me!

Final Tulip Wreath

This was seriously super easy and crazy fast to finish up! I did this whole thing, start to finish, in less than an hour (not counting the fact that I had to go back to the store for an extra bunch of tulips). A project like this makes me realize how much I love making wreaths! Such a quick, easy, and oh so instantly gratifying project!

Also…if you’d like to see a quick video of how this came together, check out my  Instagram story highlights!

Sarah

• Leslie

Lovely wreath thank you for sharing :)

• Jessica

How gorgeous! LOVE this one. Thanks for sharing.