DIY Canvas Floating Frame

$15

After ordering a vintage print download I decided to have it printed on a canvas. When ordering I realized how much more expensive it was to have a frame with the canvas, so I decided I could totally make this myself. When the canvas arrived...it was perfect! The right touch to our European Farmhouse home here in New Jersey. I grabbed my materials and went to work...here's how to make your very own easy DIY canvas floating frame.

Step 1: Cut all your materials

We bought a 1x 3 board from Lowes. I cut each of the sides for the frame. You want to mark out the inside angle as the length of your canvas and cut opposite 45 degree angles on each side. For the "triangle" shaped pieces these will be your supportive pieces inside the frame. Cut these to 45" angles as well with one flat side. (use one as your guide and go off of that to have consistent sizes and cuts.

Double check your measurements

Make sure your measurements fit perfectly around your canvas before assembling.

Assemble!

Use wood glue or liquid nails and then attach together using a nail gun.

done!

Once all side are attached add your inside corners just enough room for the back to have a space for your photo to hang.

Add your canvas and hang!

Add your canvas inside should be a snug fit so the canvas will not go anywhere. Then hang and enjoy!

Grab this print and more here...

Grab more vintage prints here

Deb Foglia

• Ella

sorry but i didn't understand about canvas.How was it attached to frame? I think that might be easy enough for me

• Sally

I sure will. 1 X 3's are not too expensive and I can finish the color wth any color I want.

• Flower Power
    12 hours ago

I have an already painted canvas that I want to repurpose, but the canvas has stretched on the frame. Could I detach it from the frame and reuse it, or is sit more trouble than what it is worth?

• Flower Power
    12 hours ago

I want to know how you cut the pieces of frame so they join together at the corners without leaving gaps. What tools did you use to get an accurate fit?

• Cathy Messer
    Just now

Love this!!