Grapevine Wall Planter

$0

Around here the grapevines grow wild. I've been making wreaths with them for a while, but it was time to make something new. It needed to hang and it needed to hold plants/flowers. The idea of a Wall Planter was born!

The first thing to do is grab some grapevines.

Clip off all of the leaves, but leave the 'curlicues'!

Make an oval and start winding the vines together.

Continue to twist and wind the vines and add some through the middle to make the edge of the planter.

From that horizontal edge, I added some twisted pieces so I could weave vines through them.

They were added in the front and the back. I curved the front ones out and kept the back ones flat since this planter would be hanging on a wall or fence.

From this point on, the whole process was a lot of weaving and twisting until it was filled-in.

And then it was done!

I lined it with landscaping plastic and went into the garden for some flowers.  

If you're not lucky enough to have wild grapevines near your home, I'm sure you can use other vines, just be sure your not grabbing something like poison ivy! 

There are more pictures on my blog along with lots of other projects I've completed. I hope you'll stop by!

Spring Grapevine Wreath

Grapevine Heart

15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Ann|The  Apple Street Cottage