Autumn Sign

$8

I love to make seasonal signs and switch them out. Sometimes I free hand the lettering and sometimes I stencil. This time I added and extra step that gives my sign some added interest.

I’m getting all the autumn feels from this sign!

The first thing you need to do is find some paper napkins that you like. Yes we are going to mod pose them. You also need to find a board. Depending on how rustic you want it, you can leave the board unfinished or stain it first. You can also paint it white to give it a less rustic look.

I found these napkins on Amazon. They were very inexpensive.

Make sure the napkins are two ply.

Pull apart the two layers and dispose of the non printed one.

Spread a layer of mod podge on your board with a brush.

Then carefully place your napkin on the mod podge and lightly press in place.

You may have to dab a little mod podge on places where it doesn’t want to stick.

Continue over your board until covered. I tried to line up the print but once you put your wording on you won’t even notice.

when it was dry I hand painted my lettering.

I stapled some twine to it and hung it up in my hallway.

I’m happy with the results and it was fun changing up how I normally do my signs.

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Memorial Day Crafts

• Sherry Weibley

Why is it necessary to buy 2-ply napkins when the instructions then says to pull them apart and throw away the unprinted piece?

• Because when you mod podge it down it becomes almost translucent and it’s not so bulky looking. There will be less wrinkles to tend with as well.

• Grandmasue10

I have a space below my door over the stoop which is marred from previous owners kicking their boots to clear snow from them or from the stoop sinking and exposing more of the house. It's like a stair tread, and a sign like this would cover it. I would need four for different seasons or just use "Welcome"

• Normandie Lyon

Thanks for the responses!