First thing first I had to remove the glass panels. Pulled out my blow dryer and a spackle knife that was flat and could slide under the back of mirrors to be removed.
Mirrored Backsplash to Pebble Backsplash
I am living in my RV for the time being, but there was a few things that I needed to fix in one of them was all the mirrors everywhere! Especially in the kitchen as a backsplash. I realize that mirrors make it look bigger but it mattered more to me to make it cozy and durable rather then for it to look big! Y And the manufacturer thought it was a great idea but after the multiple scrubbing of the mirrors while cooking I just didn’t wanna deal with it anymore.
First thing first I had to remove the glass panels
I didn’t want a lot of cleanup so I tried to keep each piece of glass in one piece
I heated up the mirror with blow dryer and slid the spackle knife behind it and gently pulled away from wall. Took a little bit of patience but I didn’t want to break them and get seven years bad luck!
Once I got all the mirrors removed in one piece don’t you know.
Once I got all the mirrors removed in one piece which was an accomplishment alone. I found that the glue was a little harder to remove. Are used a straight edge razor knife but it’s still left some raised residue areas. so I just used to goo gone to clean off the raised residue
I had picked up these pebble sheets at Habitat for Humanity
I had picked up these pebble sheets at Habitat for Humanity. It Was only 8 square feet, but I love them knew I wanted to use it for something. Bingo, just the right amount for my project.
Hoping to cover up adhesive
Once I got them up I really liked it but I was concerned about whether the grout would cover the adhesive or not. I waited 24 hours to dry.
So far the grout was covering most of the flaws
I’m not sure if it was all the small pebbles are what but it did take quite a bit of grout I had to go back and buy a second small bottle of it.
It started to dry I felt much better about the adhesive that had bled through.
It started to dry I felt much better about the adhesive that had bled through. Off-white grout did help to hide most of the bled through. I waited 24 hours to dry. Now it’s time to seal it.
I said dry completely I cut a sponge in half dipped it in my can of polyurethane And coated
I took a sponge and dabbed it all over liberally I wanted to make sure that it would be easy cleanup. It turned out pretty good I don’t think you can see the bleed through and I love it so much more than the mirrors.
This project tested my patience
It took me a couple of dayS to accomplish the small 8 ft.² but I had to let dry in between coats of grout and Sealing.
Looks great easy cleanup no more mirrors and updated it tremendously. I hope you enjoyed it let me know your thoughts. Thank you