Mirrored Backsplash to Pebble Backsplash

$28

I am living in my RV for the time being, but there was a few things that I needed to fix in one of them was all the mirrors everywhere! Especially in the kitchen as a backsplash. I realize that mirrors make it look bigger but it mattered more to me to make it cozy and durable rather then for it to look big! Y And the manufacturer thought it was a great idea but after the multiple scrubbing of the mirrors while cooking I just didn’t wanna deal with it anymore.

First thing first I had to remove the glass panels

Who likes mirrored backsplash!

First thing first I had to remove the glass panels. Pulled out my blow dryer and a spackle knife that was flat and could slide under the back of mirrors to be removed.

I didn’t want a lot of cleanup so I tried to keep each piece of glass in one piece

I heated up the mirror with blow dryer and slid the spackle knife behind it and gently pulled away from wall. Took a little bit of patience but I didn’t want to break them and get seven years bad luck!

Once I got all the mirrors removed in one piece don’t you know.

Removing mirrors

Once I got all the mirrors removed in one piece which was an accomplishment alone. I found that the glue was a little harder to remove. Are used a straight edge razor knife but it’s still left some raised residue areas. so I just used to goo gone to clean off the raised residue

I had picked up these pebble sheets at Habitat for Humanity

Pebble sheets

I had picked up these pebble sheets at Habitat for Humanity. It Was only 8 square feet, but I love them knew I wanted to use it for something. Bingo, just the right amount for my project.

Hoping to cover up adhesive

Adhesive push through sheet

Once I got them up I really liked it but I was concerned about whether the grout would cover the adhesive or not. I waited 24 hours to dry.

So far the grout was covering most of the flaws

Grouting

I’m not sure if it was all the small pebbles are what but it did take quite a bit of grout I had to go back and buy a second small bottle of it.

It started to dry I felt much better about the adhesive that had bled through.

Starting to dry

It started to dry I felt much better about the adhesive that had bled through. Off-white grout did help to hide most of the bled through. I waited 24 hours to dry. Now it’s time to seal it.

I said dry completely I cut a sponge in half dipped it in my can of polyurethane And coated

Clear polyurethane

I took a sponge and dabbed it all over liberally I wanted to make sure that it would be easy cleanup. It turned out pretty good I don’t think you can see the bleed through and I love it so much more than the mirrors.

This project tested my patience

Updated pebble backsplash

It took me a couple of dayS to accomplish the small 8 ft.² but I had to let dry in between coats of grout and Sealing.

Looks great

Finished grout

Looks great easy cleanup no more mirrors and updated it tremendously. I hope you enjoyed it let me know your thoughts. Thank you

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters

• Brenda Grover Clark

It looks amazing and made such a difference!! I now have an idea of what kind of back splash I'd like in my kitchen. Thank you for sharing.

• Wen
    17 hours ago

I live in my rev too, been since 2007. I have done a lot of upgrading including the backsplash. I like yours better than the more generic one I put in. But, my next big project is going to be ripping out the carpet and installing some kind of wood floor.