How to Create Recycled Tin Can Pumpkins for Autumn

$10

My recycle bin is usually pretty empty because I am saving all the things that I could possibly upcycle into a craft project. I love to take items out of the trash and create fun, funky, and fabulous pieces of home decor, especially for holidays. Today I will show you how to create Recycled Tin Can Pumpkins for Autumn with just a few simple supplies.

Supplies

With just a few supplies, such as tin cans, ribbon, paint, paintbrush, and glue sticks, you can have a set of beautiful tin can pumpkins.

Painting

Topcoat the largest can with Bright Orange acrylic paint with a paintbrush, the medium can with Canyon Orange acrylic paint, and the smallest can with Jack-O-Lantern Orange acrylic paint. Apply a second coat, if necessary, then set aside to dry.

Adding Wooden Finials

Attach the wooden finials to the top center of each can with a glue gun and glue sticks. I like to use a hot glue gun for craft projects like this because I am an impatient crafter, but a liquid craft glue would work as well. Instead of the wooden finials, use a small branch from the yard or a thick piece of craft rope.

Adding Ribbon

Cut a variety of green ribbons in random lengths and tie around the wooden craft finials in knots, or bows. Trim the ends of the assorted green ribbons with scissors, I love my Fiskars. I used four different colors and types of ribbon and twine. Use what you might have on hand, like yarn and embroidery floss.

Final Results

This is what your final tin can pumpkins will look like!

25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter

• Beth @CreativelyBeth
    Beth @CreativelyBeth

Yes, Daisy!

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Calling these pumpkins is a bit of a stretch for me. Putting a face on them, as with the similar idea shown in the picture with the coffee cans, instantly brings them to life. Make a cut out face stencil first. Overlaying it on to the can would provide an easy way to instantly paint on a face.