How to Make a Dried Fruit Wreath

$10

This wreath is so easy to make and smells so delicious! It's the perfect easy wreath for Christmas. And if you have left over dried fruit you can make garland for inside as well!

Dry Lemons and Oranges

First, you’ll need some oranges and/or lemons. Slice them all to a similar size. You want them a little thick, but not too thick or they won’t dry.

Pinecones

I went to the local park and picked some pinecones. They weren’t fully open, so I popped those in the oven for a couple hours on low to help them open, kill the bugs, and dry up the sap.

Hot Glue

Hot glue the dried fruit, cranberries, and pinecones onto the wreath base. I started with the dried fruit and then layered the pinecones and cranberries on top to add interest.

Add a Bow

You can add a bow and then I hung it on my front door and it smelled fantastic anytime we opened the door.

Next year, I might add a little cinnamon sticks too!

Make a Garland Too!

If you have left over dried fruit and cranberries make a garland too!

Everything Red For Canada Day
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Amy Lanham

• Liz
    Liz

I love this! I think I would keep it in the house just for the smell lol. Could you put this out where the birds could nibble on it too?

• Amy Lanham
      Amy Lanham

Yes! I think with a bit of peanut and seed these would definitely attract birds and be so cute!

• Cindy
    Cindy

I agree with liz, but I am curious about your gorgeous snowman...did you purchase him or DIY?? Anyway, I love dried fruit...the smell, the taste and occasionally the look. Thanks for sharing, and Happy Holidays to you and yours !

• Amy Lanham
      Amy Lanham

Thank you! The large snowman is actually a yard sale find years ago. Happy Holidays to you too!

• Kim
    Kim

Do you dry the cranberries as well? I would like to make a garland to keep up your round.

• Amy Lanham
      Amy Lanham

I did not dry the cranberries. I think if you wanted to keep it up year round, you could probably seal it with a spray sealant. I might try that if I make this again.

1 comment
  • A.J.
    A.J.

I've got many pinecones stored away from last year. They were purchased from a hobby store and have a faint pine aroma. Your idea had inspired me to douse the pinecones with cinnamon , put them in the oven and along with dried fruit give then a new lease on life. Thankyou for sharing.